Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Chocolate Nuggets

These were so yummy and easy to make! Did you know that in Japan it is the women who have to give chocolate to the men???! They even made a day one month later for the men to give chocolate back to the women!
Ingredients:
200ml fresh cream (not the fake stuff, not the double stuff or thick stuff....just good old fashioned runny cream skimmed off the top of the milk vat!)
400g choc chopped up (The recipe called for milk choc...but I used 60% cacao bitter choc chips)
3 tsps sugar
2 tsps butter (not the fake stuff!)
30 ml bourbon or dark rum or brandy...whatever you fancy!
cocoa powder/chopped nuts

In a saucepan melt the sugar with the cream and butter on a low heat. Keep stirring the whole time being careful not to boil the cream. Once melted, slowly add choc bit by bit while stirring. Lastly add the alcohol and stir until mixed. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to refridgerate. I left mine over night because I was too tired to finish it...but once it is cooled spoon it out and roll it up. If it is too hard to roll leave it at room temperature until softened a little. Roll in chopped nuts or cocoa powder. Makes about 30.

2 comments:

  1. Where DO you get the time? I'm so of the mindset... wouldn't it just be easier to buy them ;)-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually....going shopping is such a drag for me, making them is easier! These were so fast I would have finished by the time you got back from the shops!

    ReplyDelete