Saturday, February 2, 2008

Naughty Treats - Apricot Slice

Many of you have requested low-carb menus to help you eat a healthy diet...and I have put some on previous posts... but I had some dried apricots that had gone a little ripe so decided to make this slice for the kids. The original recipe doesn't have chocolate in it and is covered in coconut. But as I didn't have enough condensed milk I substituted it with choc chips. If adding choc chips melt the butter/2tbsp condensed milk and sugar first, then add choc chips once removed from heat.
1 pkt plain biscuits
1-2 cups dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup condensed milk
100g butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Coconut or finely chopped nuts.
Crush biscuits in mixer and put in bowl. Add chopped apricots. Melt condensed milk, butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Pour over apricots and biscuits and mix well, using your hands if necessary. Press into a biscuit tin and sprinkle with coconut or ground pecan or almonds. Cut immediately then place in refridgerator for an hour to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment