Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fish Tonight

My kids love fish!! I never seem to buy enough because I always have to give them half of mine once they have finished eating. Tonight was Atka Mackerel, or Hokke in Japanese. This is our favourite fish, and is sent down from Hokkaido. My husband grew up in Hokkaido and smoked Hokke made a regular appearance in their menu. When we went to Hokkaido one of the family gave me freshly smoked Hokke for breakfast and I have never tasted anything like it since. We get ours frozen and it is not the same, but still very delicious. As it comes already smoked, there is no preparation, just a nice grill in the oven, and a little lemon squeezed on top. More please! (Notice that this has zero carbs!!). I served it with coleslaw and a broccoli & tomato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment