Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mushroom and Cheese Risotto

I got this recipe from Canadian Living magazine (April 2003), my favourite recipe magazine. I was out of fresh mushrooms so decided to substitute them with a can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup. The recipe ends up being quite different to the Canadian Living version, which was originally a microwave recipe.
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp butter (I used garlic margarine)
1 can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup + chicken broth to make up 500ml
1 large chopped onion
1 large glove of garlic, minced
2 cups (180ml) Arbario rice
125ml dry white wine (I used Sake)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese
I use a large 28cm high sided frying pan with a lid for this. Fry onions and garlic in olive oil for 1 or 2 minutes. Add uncooked rice and butter. Stir and coat. Add wine/sake. Then add the soup and broth. Cover and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese and Parmesan cheese. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment