Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Recipe Blog is BACK!!!

After 6 years of silence, I have decided to resurrect my recipe blog. Actually, I have been trying to 6 years, but since Google took over and made it near impossible for me to access my blog by not allowing the old log-in process, it has taken me this long to finally enter my blog's dashboard again! Phew. It's nice to be back.

I love entertaining! 


Health Phase

Who isn't into a health phase these days? I tried healthy eating last year and lasted 4 months. This year I have decided to try again, and I am trying out all new recipes. I wonder how long this one will last? Oh well, better a little healthy than not at all, right?? So, what health phases have I been into....
The 'No-additive', 'All-natural' diet:  Inspired by a link I followed on Facebook.  This diet requires you to make everything from scratch without using anything you can't read on a label.
Success rate - fairly successful. The old laziness gene kicks in and voila!, Maccas is on the menu again. Great way to think though, and it was fun.
The 'Super-foods' diet:  Inspired by the restaurant 'Oliver's' along the highway just North of Sydney. An alternative fast-food joint that serves steamed green beans instead of french fries. I picked up a DVD from there and watched it all the way home to Brisbane. Great basis for healthy eating. Bought a 'Super foods' Recipe and added more grains and weirdly pronounced foods to my diet.
Success rate - quite successful. I still add certain nuts and grains to my diet regularly, although I don't solely eat the 'super foods'. Chia seeds, quinoa and almonds are a regular.
The 'Monash University FODMAP' diet: Inspired by the gut-aches I had most nights after eating certain foods. Bloating and pain from eating garlic, onions, cabbage etc. FODMAPs are certain sugars that are present in food that causes a person allergies. It's really complicated and totally impossible to pronounce them all, but Monash University sell a great APP that makes choosing foods easier. Basically, after following their diet for a few weeks, I was able to work out that I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and a small lactose intolerance.
Success rate - very successful. I am aware of what foods to avoid, and found some great alternatives that help me keep the flavours I love. I still use these recipes and guides today.
The 'ASN Body Transformation' diet: Inspired by Robyn, who has joined their plan. They are mainly about muscle building and weight loss.
Success rate - short term. They only have a few recipes so it will be short-lived. Great idea to give yourself a goal and start healthy eating again. Some of their recipes were yummy, so I will be posting my version of them here.
The 'Chemo-therapy counter-active' diet: Don't worry, this was inspired by my Uncle who is undergoing chemo at the moment. I am trying to provide nutritional meals to help his body fight the cancer and reduce the negative effects of the chemo.

8 years ago I lost 25 kilos on the Atkins diet. It was great, but I re-entered Australia and never adjusted my new diet to accommodate it. All that lovely bread was just too much for me to resist. Now, I don't think I will go back on that diet, but will focus more on maintaining a healthier diet using the tips from above.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me :)

Renee



2 comments:

  1. Glad t see you back at it! Loved your reviews of various diets, esp. the Success Rate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erinn! Let's see how long this lasts haha.
      Glad you enjoyed the diet ratings. I'll start posting some recipes from them soon.

      Delete