Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thick Carrot Soup

A comforting winter dish. This can be a puree or a soup depending on how much water you choose to add to the finished product.
Ingredients:
4 large carrots
1 tbsp chicken stock powder
40 g butter
Salt and pepper

Peel and chop carrots and boil until soft. Let cool in water. (I never do that, by the way, as I am always in a hurry! Not good for the blender....). Pour into a blender with the soup stock and blend. Do this in 2 or 3 batches until all the carrot is mashed. Return to the pot, and add butter and salt and pepper and heat until the butter is melted. Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. One of the best soups I have tasted. Even with our tasteless Australian carrots. Thanks Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I was gonna say...the flavour will depend on the quality of the carrots..but glad to hear it went well anyway!
    Such a simple recipe, but it tastes great...sometimes simple is best.

    ReplyDelete