I have seen this recipe in my book for years, but never had the desire to make it. Until, one day the only thing I had in the cupboard was tomatoes, bacon, onion and cheese! This is really quick, and really tasty!! I guess the taste is like Pizza without the base. I was very satisfied with this light lunch.
Ingredients:
1 Large Tomato (around 240g)
3 rashers of bacon
1/2 large onion (I used a new white onion)
1/2 cup grated cheese
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Core the tomato and cut in half. Fry onion and bacon in 1/2 tbsp olive oil for 2-3 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Place on top of each tomato halve and cover with cheese. Place in an oven proof dish and grill in the oven toaster until cheese is browned. Preparing it in a gratin dish makes it easier, and more presentable to eat it straight from the dish, this way you will retain all the flavour of the tomato. Yum!!
that sounds perfect, exactly like something i'd love to eat--will you make it for me, huh huh, pretty pretty please??
ReplyDeleteI will make it for you! Especially as I know the Yummy tomatoes! ....yum yum
ReplyDelete